Thursday, December 13, 2012

Dairy Fail

Last week in honor of our six-month mark on the GAPS protocol, I thought we could try the dairy intro. We've already introduced ghee and we do take the High Vitamin Butter Oil, which complements the Fermented Cod Liver Oil.

We did the skin test. It was fine. So last Sunday we all ate a little bit of butter in our soup. The only person who showed a slight reaction was N, with a bit of eczema on the back of her upper thigh the next day. She used to get it there when eating butter once a week at our co-op in WA. On Tuesday, I thought hot buttered muffins sounded good, so we tried some more butter. Perhaps too much?

Both girls woke Wednesday with the sniffles and sneezes and L went on to get runny eyes and the worst allergic shiners! A little too coincidental. So I am pulling the butter for now (back to ghee making) and will hope to try again at some point.

The good news is, I haven't shown any physical signs of reacting to butter - the last time I had a small acidenttal dairy exporsure, I was sick. I am glad we tried because it lets me know that we need to carry on in our healing efforts.

So, now I am very inspired to find good coconut milk yogurt and kefir recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment