Tuesday, January 22, 2013

HCL, Goat Milk Kefir and Ilumination

We've just spent the past week with Emily! How lovely to have a week-long visit with my sister - sightseeing, playing and of course the conversations! Some of our experimentation this week involved HCL supplementation (for low stomach acid) and perhaps we will both post on that later.

Though I intended to make her some sort of offal treat (ha!), I didn't get the chance. Plenty of heart and liver in the freezer that just didn't make it into the pan. I am sure she was so disappointed! However, I did share some of my dried liver capsules with her, so there was that. Incidentally, L will take some of the powder if I mix it with honey. We call it dream powder because of its ability to give you dreams and help you remember them (all those B vitamins!). We are careful to take it before noon, as we don't want the B vitamin energy boost to last well into the night.

Emily, as you may know, uses goat milk kefir at home and since we got some for her we patch tested it on me and the girls last night. And....N and I don't have a rash, but L sure does. It wasn't really evident in the morning, but it has become more pronounced as the day has gone on.

I always, always enjoy the conversations I have with my sisters and the treat of in-person conversation for a whole week was just so wonderful. I know the ripple effect of our visit will last a long time, no doubt bringing us both further illumination!

No comments:

Post a Comment