Sunday, February 10, 2013

Blizzard of 2013 - Banana Nut Bread

Have you noticed a trend in all of my baked goods?

That's right, they all contain banana. That's because bananas are the easiest source of sugar for me to digest so I use them any time I need to sweeten something.  Thankfully, I don't even notice anymore that every dessert I make tastes like bananas.

I mentioned a few posts ago that I feel as though I probably have candida overgrowth in some way and even though my tests didn't show this. In doing some more research on how to get candida back in line, I downloaded a candida diet food list from WholeApproach. Do you know what fruit is on the list to avoid? Bananas. And mango.  The two fruits I eat the most of. Hmmm... surprising? I think not.

Well until the day comes that I decide to give up bananas I am going to enjoy eating them! Feed the yeast I guess.

We had a big snowstorm on Friday and into Saturday. It was the perfect excuse to bake something. Typically, when I bake, I tend to throw a little of this and a little of that together and see if it works. Of course, sometimes it works great and other times I end up wasting ingredients.  This time, I decided to let someone else do the work.  The recipe I used can be found here at Small Foot Print Family.  I kept the recipe the same except for omiting the arrowroot flour/starch and the extra sweetener.  I also added vanilla extract and spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger).  Though my pictures don't do it justice - these came out really well.  They were even approved my the grain and sugar eating husband - which is equal to success in my book.

This blog is one of my new favorites too - she has lots of great articles and ideas worth reading if you have the time.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment