Monday, May 28, 2012

GAPS Intro Diet - Day 4

Another day of feeling physically weak - i.e. it is challenging to carry clothes from the dryer to the bed (um only about 30 feet) and to walk up stairs... or walk in general. I am pretty happy sitting or lying down. Had a lovely time in the Cobble Hill Park this afternoon, lying on the grass and rereading the GAPS Intro Book - reminded me I should be adding my chicken 'pâté ' into my soups and was a good refresher on slowly introducing new foods. I am excited to try carrots first. I was able to find raw, lacto-fermented carrots in the health food store and will start with them since the sugar should have been reduced during the lacto-fermentation process.

I also purchased a food dehydrator today - super excited about using it. I am already dreaming of the fun things I will make: GAPS yogurt (hopefully I can find a source of organic goats milk that doesn't require driving 2 hours upstate), 'sun' dried tomatoes, crispy nuts, dried wild blueberries, raisins, energy bars to take to work for snacks (after Intro is complete of course), crackers, veggie chips.... exciting stuff.

I still haven't pulled the trigger on the Vitamix, but I am getting close. I thought about using a 20% off coupon from Bed, Bath, and Beyond to save some money, but their Vitamixs are older models and still have BPA in the container. I don't need to be buying anything with BPA in it - especially if I am going to use it for hot soups. Maybe one of the refurbished machines on the website doesn't have BPA. Might need to call and see since they don't specify.

Here was the menu for today:

Breakfast: Zucchini Soup with Onion/Fennel 'Gravy' and Chicken
(zucchini, yellow squash, onion, chicken stock, chicken chunks, salt and pepper, organic dried dill with a few spoonfuls of the onion/Fennel puree that I made yesterday in the crock pot)

Snack: Lemon Ginger Tulsi Tea

Lunch:Zuchini Soup with Onion/Fennel 'Gravy' and Hamburger
(same soup as this morning, with fresh garlic, organic dried dill - oh, and 'pâté '

Snack: 3 teaspoons of sauerkraut juice

Dinner: Hamburger Soup
(Chicken stock with onions, yellow squash, hamburger, fresh garlic, 'pâté ')

Other: Detox bath with baking soda.

Meal Consensus: I am finding all of the GAPS food to be pretty satisfying and good - especially with the addition of some spices other than salt/pepper. Despite the lack of options, I am not craving sweets or thinking about food all that much - must be all that fat I am eating.

Feelings/Reactions: Other than feeling weak/tired today, I felt fine. I was a little cranky, though that might just have been me and not a GAPS reaction. It will be interesting to see what happens when I introduce the FCLO and maybe eventually probiotics.























































No comments:

Post a Comment