Thursday, May 31, 2012

GAPS Intro Diet - Day 7

Is it really day 7?? This week has gone by quickly thanks to the 4 day work week. It was definitely smart to ease into this diet through the long weekend and luckily I will have a bunch of three day weekends when my company starts up our Summer Friday program next week which will give me the time to do the cooking/planning and still have a life. I am going to keep this post short and sweet mainly because, you guessed it, I am exhausted. I am wondering when the fatigue is going to stop. I am tired of being tired.  Hopefully this fatigue is my body's sign of die off - I am considering myself to be pretty lucky that I haven't had the flu like symptoms, increased digestion problems, nausea, etc. that other people say they have experienced when starting intro.  Again, I am not taking my probiotic, just the sauerkraut juice so maybe it will get worse when I increase, we shall see.

Breakfast: Zucchini Soup with Hamburger
(same soup as yesterday with hamburger I cooked in broth with onions and had frozen over the weekend)

Snack: Tulsi Lemon Ginger Tea

Dinner: Broccoli Soup with Hamburger, left over broiled broccoli, 2 tablespoons of sauerkraut
(this was suppose to be my lunch, but I ate breakfast so late I wasn't hungry - same soup as yesterday + the hamburger listed above).

Meal Consensus:
I think I have the whole soup routine down and since I don't like eating the same thing two meals in a row, I try to make two soups with different flavors and then mix the leftovers together to make something new - so breakfast tomorrow is leftover zucchini soup mixed with leftover broccoli soup. Ultimately it is all just vegetables so stuff tastes fine mixed together (even though it sounds kind of gross).

Feelings/Reactions:
Again, I am tired. Ready for bed. Like 2 hours ago ready for bed.

I think I am going to move to Stage 2 tomorrow - which means I get to introduce egg yolks into the soup - ha how exciting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment