Friday, June 8, 2012

GAPS Intro Diet - Day 3

This morning started early. I woke up at 6 am and thought I was going to throw up - felt hot and nauseous - but it passed. N woke up and did throw up. She spent several hours laying on the bathroom floor sleeping. C had a bit of an upset stomach and a headache and L - she didn't complain of anything!

I am blaming this on the carrots we enjoyed so much yesterday and not planning to include them for a few days.

We had success in broth drinking for today - it's been requested to have it served on the side - both girls drank at least 16 ozs of it. Yea! I got these straws especially for this. We did have some sadness at dinner wishing for balsamic vinegar or ketchup to dip but manged to eat anyway.

Today's foods consisted of
C - cauliflower soup, broth, chicken and carrots, boiled turkey burgers with cauliflower and a carrot, onion, chicken pate gravy
K - same as above, but no carrots and add in the yummy zucchini soup
L - Lots of squash, broth, and the dinner of boiled turkey burgers with cauliflower and a carrot, onion, chicken pate gravy
N - Broth and the dinner of boiled turkey burgers with cauliflower and a carrot, onion, chicken pate gravy

We are all doing well in taking the detox baths each night, so hopefully that will continue. C and I are using the magneisum oil spray and N tried it today. It stings a little. L cries and we have to wash it off. I made it at home - easiest thing - following these instructions.

We are not quite ready to move on to Stage 2, but I am planning to lay in a supply of eggs from the Farmer's Market this weekend. I am also going to order some FCLO. Check out Azure for great low prices (request a catalog via that link) on the FCLO - like $10 less. Also lots of other great items - you name it they seem to have it. See if they have a drop point near you.

We are going to add in other vegetables tomorrow - like well cooked peas and green beans and see how we do with those. The girls are really missing peas.

I am also madly searching for fats to add in. L has never had beef, lamb, duck, pork or eggs, so it will be a big adventure to start introducing these foods. I found a nice farm with pastured duck and duck fat and should get my order next week. I've contacted several local farms about beef suet and leaf lard and eggs, so hopefully we can get these items. I will then be adding rendering to my kitchen repertoire.

It is disappointing to pay good money for good quality food and then simmer the heck out of it until it becomes dry and not so tasty. Hopefully the new fats will improve that situation! That and getting to the roasting part of this diet!








No comments:

Post a Comment